Saturday, November 26, 2011

Only the Coolest People...

I'm giving myself a little break from the 20-page research paper I'm writing to update about the Stranger Factory show that I went to last week... There is a fantastic article over at Circus Posterus that sums it up better than I could even attempt to, and there is a fantastic gallery of images that yours truly just so happens to be mixed into...


Just chewing on my lip as I study the genius...

Amanda Louise Spayd and Chris Ryniak are basically just AWESOME PEOPLE, along with Kathy Olivas and Brandt Peters. Swoon. Below you can see me talking to Amanda as her sweet husband and Nora and Sara chill on the bench...


They are pretty much the nicest group of artists I've ever met. Nora and Sara were from out of town, and were lucky enough to have purchased some of the work in the show... Amanda and Chris (et al) are just my kinda peeps...


LOVE.

But seriously - what is the deal with my mouth??


I just look goofy.

Chilling in the gallery...


I ended up talking with Amanda for about 45 minutes - Thankfully it wasn't very busy so I could bogart some extra talk time :)


The Stranger Factory is having another opening this Thursday - it's their "Annual Winter Salon Exhibition" and there is no way that I'll miss it!!


I'm hoping to be able to schmooze with some more fabulous people without looking like a TOTAL STALKER... But come on, how can you not love a face like this?


Back to work... I'll have to make some serious headway on this paper if I'm going to make it to the show opening!!

5 comments:

Jon MacNair said...

I am in the upcoming winter salon, and though I won't be able to attend since I live in MI, I hope you will maybe take some pictures if you go, so I can live vicariously through them and see how it all turned out :)

Valency said...

Absolutely, Jon!! I know it will be just amazing... I'm excited to see your work!

Jon MacNair said...

Awesome! I look forward to it. Cheers :)

Raymi Lauren said...

lovethat you're still at it (bloggin!)

Valency said...

Well, I love that you're still visiting my little old blog sometimes!

I've been keeping up with your fabulousness, woman... you are such a blond-minxy-goddess :)