Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Picture Picture

I'm ALMOST FINISHED with the series that I started mid-February... There are 12 pieces, and they are fabulous.

They start out like this:


And then they get a lick of paint. The above bird is part of a totem, and I don't have a picture of it painted yet. But here are some others...


Fish head!








These are all WIPs, and have their first coat of paint. Second coat is currently finished, just not photographed.


They also get a fabulous wood plaque backing - as evidenced with the piece for my gorgeous Russian mouse Julia - before:


After!


It's already hanging in her studio, and I'm pleased to report that she loves it! :)

I did take a break last weekend to go to Taos, NM with Shane to attend the New Mexico Taxdermy Convention. It was a gorgeous day, and it was a lot of fun...

I mean, how amazing is this??


Shane got up close and personal with some animals...


We stopped off at Chimayo on the way home, and Shane got to experience the Catholic healing powers...


No, we didn't bring home any magical dirt...

No comments: